1. Save Money: With the cost of petrol seemingly ever increasing, working online as a freelancer is a great option for reducing your expenses. Additional areas where you may see decreases in your expenses include wardrobe costs, since you won’t be needing to wear the latest business suit and food, since you can always make your lunch at home instead of eating out.
2. Work for companies based in other countries: Working for foreign companies can bring a wide range of benefits! You may find be able to find a company that better suits your work hours, pays more due to currency exchange rates or even provides you with flights to the office for special events. If you are bilingual, your ability to translate multiple languages will almost always be seen as an asset to the company.
3. Flexibility: As a Freelancer, you negotiate your working hours with your employer prior to the contract starting. Some employers may just have a weekly target or goal you need to hit, allowing you to choose the working hours. Additionally, most roles will allow you to work from anywhere, providing you with the ability to travel the world or visit friends and family more.
4. Increased focus: When you work from home, setting up a quiet office area (highly recommended), can help you avoid the disruptive background noise of an office environment. You also avoid office politics and social issues that can plague the traditional workspace.
5. Verified work history: Because your full history of past contracts is recorded, this effectively automatically creates and stores your resume for you. If you find yourself looking for work in the future, employers are more likely to trust the accuracy of the work history as they are able to see the duration of the contracts and the feedback you received on KeyboardWork.
1. Hiring online freelancers can reduce cost: Hiring a freelancer means you do not need to pay for office equipment, electricity or traditional employee benefits (Paid leave, paid breaks or overtime for example). Currency strengths and cost of living differences between countries can also mean that freelancers can undercut offers.
2. Access to more skillsets: Sometimes finding skilled expertise in your local area may prove difficult. By finding workers online, you expand your search radius to the world, increasing the pool from which you are potentially hiring. It simply makes sense to hire online freelancers that are experts in their field, rather than settling for a local worker that will struggle in the position.
3, Improved customer service: With the ability to hire workers in any part of the world, you have the ability to provide 24/7 support to your customers when needed without requiring your team members to work at unnatural hours or paying overtime.
4. Increased Flexibility: By hiring locally, you may be paying for more than what you really need due to the local employment laws. By hiring an online freelancer, you agree on the terms and conditions of employment before the project or contract starts. This can provide a wide range of benefits including being able to hire part-time, seasonal or split-shift workers where you would normally be unable to.
5. Reduced training cost: Because you have the ability to hire people for online work which already have the skills and knowledge of their field, you will likely have reduced training costs and only need to provide training for proprietary or company specific systems, policies and processes.